Honda Exhaust System Muffler Service
Your Exhaust System
- Exhaust Manifold
- Oxygen Sensor
- Exhaust Pipes
- Catalytic Converter
Honda Exhaust System Muffler Service in San Antonio
Your Honda’s exhaust system serves multiple purposes. It controls emissions, it quiets engine noise, prevents harmful gases from entering the environment, and stops toxic fumes from getting inside your car, truck, van, or SUV. When your exhaust system fails, noxious materials such as carbon monoxide can get into the interior compartment of your vehicle, putting the safety of all passengers at risk.
It is in the best interest of everyone inside and near your vehicle that your exhaust system is fully operational. All components must be working at all time.
People who are not overly familiar with the inner workings of cars have a tendency to believe the muffler and the tailpipe are the only two parts that make up the whole exhaust system. However, it is actually a complex system of chambers and pips that begin at the car engine and end with the tailpipe.
Exhaust System Components
- Exhaust Manifold – The exhaust manifold is attached to the engine at the cylinder head and is responsible for collecting gases produced during combustion. After that, it delivers those gases to the exhaust pipe.
- Oxygen Sensor – The vehicle’s computer is continually measuring the air/fuel mixture in the engine. The oxygen sensor measures the amount of oxygen in the exhaust and alerts the computer so it can determine how much fuel to send to the combustion chambers.
- Exhaust Pipes – They start at the front of the engine and carry the exhaust through the entire system.
- Catalytic Converter – Carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides are converted into water vapor and less harmful gases.
- Muffler – If you’ve ever had to replace a bad muffler, you know that its job is to “silence” the loud noises produced during combustion.
The most prevalent problems faced by your vehicle’s exhaust system are rust and corrosion.
If you smell extreme exhaust fumes, notice a hissing or popping noise coming from the undercarriage of your vehicle, or notice a drastic decrease in fuel efficiency, there is a good chance one or more components of your exhaust system is in need of service.
If you do need muffler or exhaust system service, your best option as a Honda owner is to have your vehicle serviced at your locally owned Honda dealership. For drivers in the San Antonio area, Fiesta Honda is the place! Our Honda certified technicians will know your vehicle inside and out, and we will only ever use OEM parts and fluids to restore your vehicle to exact factory specifications.
Schedule service online or give us a call at (210) 341-1270. We look forward to your visit!